Thursday, November 12, 2009

I LOVE NEW YORK SALTY STREET PRETZELS

No matter what time of the year it is, you can find a fresh crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, covered with large chunks of salt, warm pretzel just about in every street corner of the NY boroughs.  Its a fantastic snack, not only is it readily available and warm, but it is low in fat and filling. All you need is a pretzel and a drink and you're good to go for the next few hours....don't you just love the practicality of it!! 


So, as I had mentioned before, I often would die for one of these tasty snacks!! I personally like to add brown mustard to mine, I don't know why it tastes so decadent with the mustard to me!! 

I had beautiful weather on my trip to New York and this day in particular was just perfect!! We decided to walk off the calories from our pizza-fest and we started heading to the east side of Lower Manhattan. As we are half way through SoHo, I can't help the overwhelming smell of coals burning and pretzels making!! Oh, I was in heaven....I followed my nose to next street corne and just as I invisioned it there it was.....a wonderful happy pretzel street cart, exactly where it was suposed to be!!!

I couldn't wait....I reached into my purse and crossed the street with the money flopping in my hands. I think the pretzel guy was extra nice out of fear from the crazy lady screaming "PRETZELLL" as she ran towards him...I know, I know, I get very excited...but, hey you only live once!!!


Anyhow, I purchase my pretzel and took a huge chunky bite out of it!!


As you can tell from the picture, I din't get the camera out of Joe's hand fast enough, but what the heck...thats exactly how good it was...worth the documented moment.


Once I got my fix, I was back to normal and we where on our way again...I must say Joe did have the other half of that pretzel.....my appetite was much bigger than my pizza full stomach!! 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I ALWAYS WONDERED HOW THIS FUNNY LOOKING BREAD WAS MADE, NOW YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTION, THANKS! I WILL TRY THEM!!!!

    ReplyDelete